Sunday 14 April 2013

Gorgeous Garden Day

I have had the best day!! Woke up and sprung into action. Seeds need to be sown and today was the day. Popping on the Gardening Apron from my collection, I filled the pockets with packets of seeds and a pencil and went forth into the greenhouse.  Sadly on reaching the warm glass building I realised that I had quite a lot of sorting out before I could start. So the morning became a hive of activity with my husband Timothy and by lunch time the benches were clear and pots of dead overwintered geraniums discarded. It was even warm enough for lunch in the garden, bliss!!


With Gardeners Question Time on I was swept away into a fug of seed sowing and visions of future produce gracing the table.  Pippa Greenwood , one of my favourite garden experts made me smile over her love of straight lines in the garden and how it was great to have a hand turned garden line to use, shame she has one as I sell a lovely beech hand turned line made about 6 miles from here. It will be lovely when the soil has warmed up enough to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment